Elaborating the meaning of the error, err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch, and its causes.
Every time one uses a website, the user’s browser will automatically look for any harmful attacks. The main focus of the web browser will be on the SSL certificate of the website. When the web page the user is trying to reach seems unsafe to the web browser, it will display the message error, err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch. The error might be on the user’s side or the web developer’s side.
A secure connection cannot be established between the web browser, and the web page that is in use of the HTTP or SSL certificate. If a misconfiguration or an unsupported version appears to the web browser then it will pop up the error message that is err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch.
The web page a user is trying to get access to might be using an older version of any protocol, browser or operating system which might be causing the issue. But this is not always the case. It may also be becoming a problem if the computer or PC is attacked by any virus recently.
How can the user get it fixed?
Some possible fixation is given below to avoid the error, err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch, from popping up:
- Solutions for the developer of the website:
- Check the validity of the web page’s certificate
- Check if the name of the website and the certificate is the same or not
- Check the verification of Transport Layer Security
- Try inspecting the security certificate
- Solutions for the user:
- Try connecting with a different operating system
- Try disabling the anti-virus inside the computer temporarily and check whether the web page is accessible or not
- Try clearing the history or web browser cookies
- Try resetting the chrome or internet explorer settings
- Try clearing all the SSL certificates on your browser
- Try disabling the experimental QUIC protocol in the browser
- Lastly, try updating the web browser or change into a different one
Coming to the end, the problem of the error, err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch, can be solved by following the given solutions. The problem might be from the client side also, so the user should try contacting the client to resolve the issue.
Stay tuned to our website Capra Host for more solutions and tips!
If You Wish To Read More: couldn’t open connection to server