The server you are connected to is using a certificate that cannot be verified
Explaining the error and its causes:
The web browser makes sure that when accessing any website, it does not intend to harm the security of the user. Sometimes the warning given by the web browser needs to be taken seriously as it might lead to some risk or loss of personal data. The server you are connected to is using a certificate that cannot be verified, pops up when using Microsoft Outlook.
The internet service providers offer SSL (secure sockets layer) which can help the user to have a safe and secure access to the mailbox of the server. If the user wants to establish an SSL connection, the mail server asks for a security certificate that is provided by entrusted security providers. The problem can be considered to be from the internet service providers and in this case, the user should contact the service provider.
The error, the server you are connected to is using a certificate that cannot be verified, means that the website the user is trying to reach has a certificate that is not issued by a trusted certificate authority or that the certificate that is issued is made to use for a different web address. Hence, the computer recommends the user to exit the web page. Following are some possible causes of this error:
- The entered hostname is incorrect
- The internet service provider might have changed the name of the mail server
- The SSL ports might be blocked
- Time or date issue of the computer
- Invalid certificate issues
- The name of the mail server certificate should be similar to the name of the certificate in MS Outlook
- Try using the hosting domain name as your mail server name
- Try using non SSL ports that are not blocked
- Try checking the date and time in Windows
- Try clearing the internet cache and history
- Try checking on the security-related settings
The server you are connected to is using a certificate that cannot be verified Conclusion:
Concluding, the server you are connected to is using a certificate that cannot be verified, error can be stopped if the user does not install any unnecessary certificates that are not entrusted.
Stay tuned to our website Capra Host for more solutions and tips!
If You Wish To Read More: err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch